How Plugless Power wireless fleet charging works
We cut the cord on electric vehicle charging to increase the return on your EV investment
Wireless power is just as safe, proven, and fast as charging with a cord.
The Plugless Power wireless EV charging system employs the same technology used in both household products and electrical transformers around the world. Magnetic fields transfer energy from a transmitting coil to a receiving coil. The transmitting coil in the Plugless Power parking pad creates a magnetic field that which transfers power to the receiving coil in the vehicle adapter.
No actual electricity flows between the vehicle adapter and the parking pad. Only the compatible coils can make this energy transfer possible – ensuring total safety for anything that comes into contact with the system.
Each Plugless Power commercial charging system consists of these simple components, which can be tailored for different configurations based on your needs.
- Vehicle adapter: the receiving coil for the induction charging process – permanently installed underneath the vehicle and specially designed by our engineers for each EV model based on its charging capability
- Parking pad: ground-mounted enclosure of the transmitting coil of the wireless charging system
- Power station: stand-alone tower that houses all control and power supply components for the system – and includes the integrated indicator panel
Installing the Plugless Power system
Plugless Power is available as a factory-install option or as a retrofit for your existing EV fleet – with charging tower installation from proven installers from the Plugless Power service network.
1. Request that your EV fleet comes equipped with Plugless Power, or contact one of our certified fleet installation partners to have your EVs retrofitted with the system.
The vehicle adapter is installed on the undercarriage of your car based on available space and surrounding components – wired directly into the existing onboard battery charger.
2. Install stand-alone charging towers in your parking facilities.
The Plugless Power customer service network will contact you to schedule an appointment to set up your charging stations and assist you with the necessary local permits. Contact us to find a certified installation partner.